Thursday, April 5


Cyber Voodoo
By Alex Carrier

Are there exorcists for possessed computers? Do witchdoctors and shamen make cyber calls to depossess your cpu?

While my drastardly machine did not begin spinning on the desk or spitting out split pea soup it certainly behaved in a manner totally unfitting for a valued business associate. Not to mention the fact it was driving me even crazier than my normal not-so-normal!

The computer whined. It flipped out. It shut down. It threw tech tantrums.

While my on-site tech support (i.e. husband) ordered parts and made temporary repairs, I contemplated cyber voodoo. Who voodoo?

Nothing organic, I am sure but some silvery silicon shaman with flashing LED eyes and dreadlocks of Ethernet and ribbon cables with picks of memory sticks and dangling flash cards.

Cloaked by a hissing aura of excited electrons, the which doctor gyrates around the offensive/offending computer spitting out sparks of bits and bytes while it untangles the web, unknots the net, keys up the keyboard, untraps the mouse and monitors the display all the while chanting cyber voodoo of hertz, mega, this-a, that-a.

With a sizzling sigh, the computer huffs out the carbonized electrified essence of evil that has here-to-fore rendered my pleasantly productive powered partner into a snarling, recalcitrant, voracious file-eating malevolent mega-monster.

A flash, a puff, a swoosh and a whoosh. The air clears. Cyber spirit and cyber voodoo are gone. A heavy sigh of relief and my computer and I are back in business.

Reality check. My husband does his own tech magic and all is well for now. But cyber voodoo is only a thought away if needed.

If you like this blog read our free web magazines Virginia Greene http://www.vgreene.com/ and Greene Lite www.vgreene.com/greenelite.
© 2007 Virginia Greene

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! It sounds sooooo familiar. I actually thought of slapping my monitor up side the head (so to speak), but figured that I'd really pay for it if I did. I can just see its eyes rolling back in its head as pieces of its face falls off into my lap... and then it just falls backward off my desk and dies.

Thu Apr 05, 02:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home