Monday, June 19

Pardon my brainbunnies!


By Alex Carrier

I am particularly annoyed with the term user friendly. I am a user and I am feeling decidedly unfriendly at this moment.

Endless hours, countless calories and a plethora of patience have been applied to making changes in our web magazines. Trying to make it better has taken a turn into the nasty neighborhood of just plain trying to make it work.

Would seem a simple enough process (since I am using some of that “user friendly” software) but I am beginning to feel as if I were dealing with the most alien, obdurate, peevish, moody, obnoxious system in the universe. This is based on the perfectly reasonable fact that the problem could not possibly be me.

In the process, I have moved items, tripped over things, sorted thru countless information and come up with an immense herd of brainbunnies.

Not dustbunnies with their composition somewhere between long gone ancestors come to visit and bug debris (let’s not go there).

Brainbunnies are those ethereal, invisible, completely obvious bits of pieces of stuff that come out of your brain when you are doing synaptic reorganization in an attempt to find a particular piece of information that might help you in your current endeavor.

I found Cobol, Pascal, Fortran, discrete mathematics, and other remnants of my higher education. Not getting any help there.

Therefore, I will continue cursing, begging, screaming and praying for assistance in getting all my changes to work correctly.

In the meantime, please pardon the brainbunnies. My husband is building them a hutch. He wants a preparedness plan in case the situation gets dire and the desperate brainbunnies start morphing into wild hares.

If you like this blog read our web magazines Virginia Greene http://www.vgreene.com/ and Greene Lite www.vgreene.com/greenelite.
© 2006 Virginia Greene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home