Wednesday, June 14

Pollution problems

By Alex Carrier

Finally, the root of my problems. To be precise, the flower of my problems.

Nowhere in the travel/real estate brochures is there any caution provided to the unwary or unworldly visitor/soon-to-be-resident that the fresh air of the country has embedded in it a particularly heinous form of pollution – pollen pollution.

Not that I would move back to the city but a word of warning would have been greatly appreciated.

All my sniffling, sneezing, coughing, etc. is not just a mere virus, a dastardly germ but, in fact, a multitude of allergies. Back to the doctor for even more pharmaceuticals, potions, sprays, and suggestions.

No, I will not give up trees, shrubs or flowering bushes but I will not be rolling in the grass any time soon either. Or hanging my sheets outside to dry in sun-warmed, pollen-encrusted splendor. (No one ever explained what created that spring-fresh scent on line-dried linens.)

Luckily, modern medicine has made co-existing with pollen possible. With a bit of air conditioning, closed windows and some finely timed sprayed and ingested chemicals, getting my writing accomplished is much easier except for the inevitable drowsiness and difficulty seeing through the sneeze-guard in front of my monitor.

Fresh air, country quiet, meadows of wildflowers, rolling green fields and serene forested mountains have their own air quality dangers. Who knew?!

If you like this blog, read more by these authors at http://www.vgreene.com/ and www.vgreene.com/greenelite for Virginia Greene and Greene Lite on-line magaziens. Where you will find information on all authors and more content. © 2006 Virginia Greene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home