Sunday, February 26


Genesis
By Special Guest Author
Anna Alexander


In the beginning

NOTHING


Vast emptiness, barren, bleak black space.
Black of the blackest black,
Deep, dark, densely black.
Intense black.
Painful black.

Not a star to shed a hint of light,
Only relentless, unending night.

Cold, freezing, frozen, frigid, airless space,
No sunfires to warm.
Only unfeeling, uncaring, dispassionate cold.

Dark so deep I am blind.
Cold so dreary I am mute.

Whatever I am, how infinitesimal,
Insignificant, however small I feel
Tetherless I move through endless space
Until I bump 'gainst Heaven's door.

Breathless, with no air to breathe,
Sightless, with no light.
Numb, dumb I hear a sound.
A deep, deep SNORE.

It is God sleeping.


From within I hear another sound,
A hundred, billion, billion, billion unborn voices SHOUT....


GOD?

God?

WAKE UP GOD!

LET US OUT...........

anna alexander
9/13/96©

Photo: Genesis by Alex Carrier

Special Note: Anna and Alex are mother and daughter. This poem is one of Alex's favorites.

If you like this blog, read more by these authors at http://www.vgreene.com/ and www.vgreene.com/greenelite where you can find information on all authors and more content.
© 2006 Virginia Greene



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home