Sunday, February 12


Anatomy of a winter morn

A poem by our special guest
Anna Alexander




No rosy rays to launch the day
Or announce the morn
But bright gray light to tell
Another day is born
From gray banks
Of endless clouds
Snow gently rains down
Silently, making it’s architect proud
Building a fairy land
In my back yard
Like a frosted wedding cake
It decorates my lawn
Mounds of snow blossoms
Transform the shrubs
Icing outlines each
Limb and branch and bud
Tightly closed waiting
For Spring to come
Birds and squirrels
Seek seed and nuts
Dropped upon the lawn
Bare beneath the trees
Where green grasses can
Still be found
No wind disturbs my fairy land
How long I do not know
Still I will enjoy it
Until weather warms
And south wind blows and
Melts my fairy land of snow...

anna alexander
January 9, 2004©


Anna, long-time writer and artist, claims special recognition and gratitude as mother of writer Alex Carrier

Photo by Alex Carrier
“Winter Silhouettes in Black and White”

If you like this blog, read more by these authors at www.vgreene.com/greenelite
For information on all authors and content, go to
www.vgreene.com
© 2006 Virginia Greene

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I am not doing this twice but I think I forgot to post my previous comments ...I just want to say I am proud of all of these ladies who are offering a website that is interesting, clean and fun.And I am honored they are sharing my snow poem since it is snowing there and here this am.

Sun Feb 12, 09:06:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home