Monday, February 6


SuperBowl commercials - you paid how much!?!
By Alex Carrier


A day of reviewing SuperBowl spots and I’ve reached several conclusions. Some commercials were aggressively forgetful. Some left me confused. Some left me annoyed.

I mostly dislike commercials that don’t identify the product up front. I wanted to like some but couldn’t. I’m a pushover for warm, fuzzies and like ads that make me feel good.

If I remember the commercial not the product, it’s a good vignette but a lousy ad.

With special mention for Bud Light’s “Roof Grill” (which resonates with every woman who loves her man) and Emerald Nuts “Druid” spot (because I wonder how long it took to come up with the tag), here are my top six.

Budweiser is a perennial favorite so, no surprise, Number 6 is the “The Streaker”.

Number 5 featured Kermit the Frog promoting Ford’s Escape hybrid. The spot showed you can be eco-wise and still enjoy adventures.

I love the subtle, simple message of Number 4 - United Airlines sophisticated, stylish animation “Knight”...

Number 3 is Dove’s “True Colors” effort to build self-esteem in girls – part of the female-beauty-has-many-forms campaign.

Hummer delivers a spot worth the labor in “The Monster” love story between robot and creature. Number 2 goes all mushy over the birth of a vehicle.

Number 1 bookends my picks with another Budweiser spot “The Barn.” I haven’t wanted a horse so much since I tried to convince my parents I could keep a pony in my bedroom closet. Budweiser excels at satisfying surprise endings.

If you want to see the commercials, go to AOL’s site at http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads. I am going to watch my favorites one – or more times.

If you like this blog, read more by these authors at www.vgreene.com/greenelite
For information on all authors and content, go to http://www.vgreene.com/
© 2006 Virginia Greene

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it seems I cant check in without SAYING something ...must be the IRISH in me ..it has been said we have a GIFT for gab! I am enjoying the blogs Is that what they are called ????and WHY????

Sat Feb 11, 09:14:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home